Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My "Random 25" list

My dear Ellie B tagged me on facebook quite awhile ago, but I never got around to doing this. Well, here goes:

1. I am saved by His grace.

2. Reed and I got married on June 2, 2007. We still like to claim “newlywed” status even though I don’t think we really qualify anymore! I feel blessed everyday to be married to such a God-fearing man who loves our Lord unconditionally.

3. I love, love, love working with the youth at our church. I teach a senior high girl’s Bible Study on Sunday nights and I wouldn’t trade those girls for anything! I love to see the Lord at work in their lives as they grow closer to Him each day.

4. We have a 45 lb. yellow lab named Matilda who sleeps through anything, literally. She actually gets mad at us when we wake her up in the mornings. She puts her paw over her eyes when we turn on the lights because it’s too bright for her!

5. My parents are beyond amazing! They are a great example to Reed and I of what marriage is all about

6. My beautiful sister is getting married on October 10, 2009! Wedding planning all over again, I love it!

7. I have 1 niece & 2 nephews whom I absolutely adore! They are the most precious (spoiled) children ever!!

**Update** As I was writing this, my sister called to tell me that she and Tré, my 3 year old nephew, were having a heart-to-heart about marriage. Tré proclaimed that he was “getting married today, when mommy picks me up.” When asked who he was going to marry, his response was, “grandpa.” After she explained that he couldn’t marry a boy, he chose his sister and mom. She then explained those weren’t going to work either. He had to find someone he really loved and then marry that person. After a little pondering, his reply was: “I know Aunt Alissa (he can’t say Melissa)! I love Aunt Emily, I can marry her.” I know that was long, but it made me smile when my sister called to tell me! I love that little guy so much and I can’t believe how big he is getting!

8. Reed and I started dating in high school. It will soon be 100 months from the time we started dating! Thanks Ellie B!

9. We got engaged in front of 800+ people at a service called Encounter. Encounter changed our lives and we are forever grateful. Reed came out on stage before Encounter started and proposed! I of course had no idea what he had said because I was crying too hard. Thankfully, it was on iTunes the next day so I could listen to it. I keep it on my iPod and listen to it periodically; it still melts my heart every time! ::sorry for the cheesy moment, I had to!::

10. I’m 4’9”.

11. On any given moment you will find several pairs of pants, shoes & shirts scattered across our bed and all over the floor. This annoys Reed very much!

12. Our Sunday School class has a blog: http://www.footstepsbpumc.blogspot.com/.

13. I absolutely love the life Reed and I are making in Birmingham, but I do miss Auburn. I am an Auburn girl through and through. WRDE.

14. I teach 2nd grade and thoroughly enjoy my kids, but I love my three two months off in the summer! I take full advantage of the pool at Hoover Country Club! I also spend lots of time at Lake Martin in the summer.

15. I’m in a Bunco group. Yes, I know this makes me old, but I love it!

16. My brother I broke my arm in Kindergarten on Super Bowl Sunday, during the Super Bowl. Let’s just say my dad, nor the doctor, were very happy about it! My dad still knows who was playing and who won.

17. Speaking of my dad, there is a childhood video of me that my brother and sister wanted to send into America’s Funniest Home Videos when we were younger. My dad doesn’t like the video and has hidden it from us. We’ve been looking for it for almost 10 years now and can’t find it.

18. I love to shop, but hate spending a lot of money. Almost everything I buy, I buy on sale.

19. I was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Yes, I’m technically a Yankee.

20. I have been watching 90210 since 7th grade (old & new). The drama between Kelly and Brenda is STILL going on…

21. I love to read and wish I had more time for it. Thankfully I have those three two months off in the summer!

22. My parents own a bowling center, Oak Mountain Lanes, in Pelham. You should go bowl there, it’s non-smoking! Reed and I are on a bowling league. No, we're not good.

23. I'm not very good at grammar, but incorrect spelling and grammar really annoy me. Ironically, my best friend Kelly is a HORRIBLE speller. I love her anyway. (Is it anyway or anyways? I never have figured that one out)

24. I am really trying to like running. I got new, pink shoes. I’m hoping those will help.

25. I love napping. Anytime, anywhere. This doesn’t help #24.

I tag:: Ashley (F. & W.), Melissa, Ellis P., Heather, Catherine, Rachel, Christie & anyone else who wants to play along.

4 comments:

  1. Aha you tagged me! I did do this on facebook recently so I guess I can cut and paste & probably change a few...my first list was pretty boring. :) Oh & in response to #23 (I think) it is "anyway" not "anyways"...my mother used to get onto my ALL the time when I would say "anyways"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved these!! I can't spell but try really really hard to check myself with spell check and google!! Enjoyed it! ;)
    Hate I'm going to miss Bunco tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do want to learn how to plan Bunco...and Bridge...

    and i'm still jealous that you are on spring break. my whole family is at the beach this week without us!

    ReplyDelete